We’re looking for an analytics intern to join the Product team at Shepherd during summer 2022. You will work cross-functionally with product, engineering, underwriting and our customer experience team to enable data-driven decision making. You’ll get exposed to life at an early-stage startup and help build a strong culture for the product team and beyond.
You would be our dream candidate if...
- You are a current university student or recent university graduate
- You have studied a quantitative subject such as economics, statistics, mathematics, finance, actuarial science, or accounting.
- You are comfortable using SQL for data querying
- You aren't afraid of ambiguity
- You are self-motivated and can work independently on projects
- You are organized and have the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- You are curious and eager to get into the weeds of our database
- You have exceptional interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written) and
- You have an aptitude to learn technical concepts and terms
About the role:
Shepherd is building a better and faster way to underwrite insurance, using new and innovative data sources. Our goal will be to leverage our technology and data to make quick, informed, underwriting decisions tailored to our clients’ specific needs. Over the course of 8 weeks, the successful candidate will:
- Develop analytical insights that will help guide product strategy and roadmap
- Build data dashboards to record, track and visualize product KPIs that will help us track performance relative to our goals
- Create monthly reports for our internal insurance team and external carrier and compliance partners
- Support our underwriting and customer experience teams with client data entry
- Use SQL for analysis and/or your statistical programming tool of choice - whether it be Python, R, Excel or something else!
- Be adaptable and creative in a fast paced startup environment
- Strong teamwork and communication skills are a must
- Knowledge about insurance is a plus, but not necessary. If you’re unsure about applying, give it a try! Lots of skills and experience are transferable
This role is San Francisco-based
- Competitive compensation
- Work together in our San Francisco Fidi office!
- Free lunches, snacks and coffee every weekday
- Regular team bonding events
- Networking opportunities with leading industry experts in insurtech, fintech, and venture capital
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include links to Github, your LinkedIn, or any relevant info.