At Aloft, we’re on a mission. We’re building a nationwide property valuation firm and developing solutions that positively impact millions of families. We’re looking for motivated self-starters who like to learn, build, and be part of an incredible team. Join us!
Aloft provides a new, efficient approach to home valuation. Our proprietary technology combines the power of deep industry expertise, better data, and standardized methodology to generate faster, simpler, and more accurate appraisal reports. With technology that empowers in-house appraisers and tools that offer transparency to lenders, Aloft is on a journey to reinvent the property appraisal industry.
Property appraisal is the cornerstone of the trillion-dollar real estate and mortgage industries. Our mission is to redesign and streamline the valuation process, bringing an unprecedented level of professionalism, transparency, and service to the industry. We recently raised our $20M Series A from Fifth Wall and Andreessen Horowitz to expand Aloft nationally.
About the Role
Aloft is seeking an Expansion Launch Manager to oversee a new market launch expansion team. This role is responsible for ensuring successful new market launches and leading cross-functional and multi-geo efforts across operations, training, product, sales, and business leaders at HQ. The Expansion Launch Manager role will be the primary owner of standing up and deploying new markets before “day one” across the West and Southwest US territory.
This position is ideal for those who have prior expansion / growth experience, but we’re also open to individuals who have strong operations, project management, strategy, and data analysis experience. Not only will you oversee a number of new market deployments, but also you will be on the ground floor of scaling a startup as it moves into hyper growth. The role will have direct exposure to the leadership team which has extensive startup experience with multiple exits.
This position is located in Seattle, WA and reports to the Head of Expansion. Due to the nature of the role, Aloft is open to candidates in any geography.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a dedicated Launch Team to bring Aloft’s business model, mission, and strategy to new markets across the country.
- Be the face of Aloft while working with the recruiting and the training team to standup a new market.
- Steer operations, sales, and product teams to ensure smooth launch execution and revenue generation by “Day One.”
- Continually iterate and innovate our New Market Launch Playbook for future launches, and report on market KPIs to assess impacts of different Launch strategies.
- Be the expert on local customer and market requirements; understand the legal and regulatory environment and how to ensure appraisal business compliance.
- Be a culture ambassador and leader; create a fun, inclusive, and safe workplace.
- Find and secure physical locations for “Day One” operations, procure and track all things related to office set-up.
- Interact and work closely with Executive Team members, including Head of Operations, VP of Corporate Development, and the Chief Appraiser.
What you’ll bring:
- 1-3 years experience in project management, business development, management consulting, or at a high-growth startup.
- Ideally experience with geographic/product expansion at a start-up company with a hyper regional growth strategy.
- Proficient in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality topics, along with risk and critical path management.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, and comfortable presenting in large groups and handling high-pressure communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience project managing cross-functional teams (e.g. operations, training, marketing).
- Bias towards execution and effectiveness, keeping operational goal as north star.
- Experience driving forward work independently and comfort with ambiguity.
- Knowledge of the real estate industry is a plus.
Travel: 60-90%, including overnight/airline travel. During the COVID-19 crisis, travel is being closely managed which may result in adjusted airline/overnight travel. You will be traveling to large US cities where we are launching!
Our Interview Process: (times are approximated)
Below is a rough outline of what you can expect, times are approximated.
- Video Interview w/Hiring Manager, 30 min
- Video Interview w/Head of Operations, 30 mins
- Onsite/Final Interview and Meet the Team, 2 hours
Why we think you’ll be excited about us:
- A once-in-a-career opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing real estate startups on our scale-up journey across the US
- Serious career development opportunities as this team quickly “expands”
- Competitive compensation package with stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) with 4% company match after 90 days
- Company-subsidized medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid family leave
- Lunch ($10/day credit to Peach)
- Strong synergetic startup culture
- Hybrid office model with heavy remote work in the future
- Paid parking or ORCA card
- And of course, an office full of snacks and amazing humans
Aloft is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and bases all hiring decisions upon business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status.