Founded in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across the consumer, enterprise, bio/healthcare, crypto, and fintech spaces. a16z has $19.2B in assets under management across multiple funds, including the $1.4B Bio funds, the $3.1B Crypto funds, and the Cultural Leadership Fund.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial company building process. We’ve invested in companies like Airbnb, Apeel, Coinbase, Figma, Freenome, Instacart, Lyft, Slack, and Stripe. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping entrepreneurs and their companies impact and change the world.
We have an immediate opening for a Financial & Data Analyst on our Strategy & Operations Team. In this role, you will partner with our Growth investing team to capture / analyze / benchmark data across all companies the team reviews, including our own internal portfolio. You will also help with strategy and execution for ongoing processes including both fund and management company budgeting and forecasting, reporting, and other strategic operational and financial analyses.
To Join Our Team, You Should Be Excited To
- Benchmark key data across both our own internal portfolio and external companies we review:
- Build / maintain a database and ensure data is up-to-date and standardized
- Continuously incorporate and enter new data from new companies in pipeline
- Run high-level comparable company and other types of analysis based on data collected.
- Monitor various external data sources proactively for leading indicators of success.
- Assist with financial modeling, including budgeting, forecasting and planning
- Help develop, implement and maintain strong and robust systems and processes to support financial planning & analysis activities. Monitor data accuracy and drive continuous improvement.
- Help develop systems that enable business managers to be able to satisfy their own reporting requirements.
- Continually partner and collaborate with management to achieve strong results.
- Provide support on strategic ad-hoc analysis / projects related to a16z's priorities and initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally across the portfolio and various operational groups within a16z.
- Ability to quickly build trust with and connect with other team members and cross-functional partners regardless of background or financial aptitude
- Demonstrated personal and professional achievement.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in consulting, FP&A, financial forecasting, accounting, modeling, or corporate finance experience. Experience in a high growth and/or rapid scaling environment is preferred.
- Proven track record to multitask, apply initiative and creativity on, and lead projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or a technical field preferred but not required.
Who You Are
- Quantitative nature with the ability to translate numbers into words.
- Willing to roll up sleeves and work with data entry and input and maintain data on regular basis
- Interest in developing systems to help automate reporting/analytics and put more data directly in the hands of business users.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Continuously tries to build better data organization and operational improvements.
- Get things done – you are meticulously organized, driven by the creation and execution of processes.
- Excellent communication skills (in-person, over video, written and over the phone)
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.