We are seeking a Business Development Analyst Intern to join the Apple Pay Merchant Solutions team from January - May 2022.
You will play a critical role in helping to shape the strategy for Apple Pay as we expand our platform and continue to drive merchant acceptance throughout the Americas. You will identify key, mobile payment industry trends and develop insights around consumer payments that can be applied to merchant partners.
Working cross functionally with Apple Pay Operations, Business Development, Marketing Communications and Technical Program Managers, you will develop monthly and quarterly business reviews while also contributing to annual planning cycles. Creating Keynotes with graphical representation of data will be a critical function for the role.
You are highly analytical, detail oriented, technically savvy and have a deep understanding of systems, Excel, and program structures with strong troubleshooting skills. Building concrete plans to drive measurable results excites you, and you thrive in a highly ambiguous environment. You possess confidence and poise with a strong ability to present to all levels of management and collaborate with diverse cross-functional and cross-cultural partners.
Additionally, strong candidates will have:
3+ years of data analysis and reporting experience and adept at using Excel as an analytics tool.
Ability to develop pitch decks (Keynote) to support business development and executive level business reviews.
3+ years conducting research on market insights, business development opportunities and mobile payment industry trends.
Ability to create business models from scratch and quantitatively forecast opportunities.
Organized, able to communicate complex analytical data for others to every type of audience.
Ability to prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into executive recaps.
Ability to story-tell based upon findings within data.
Proven ability to actively build rapport, credibility and influence to get results throughout an organization at all levels. Effectively oversee work and communication across disparate groups of individuals and levels in the organization.
You are able to thrive with little direction in an ambiguous work environment while maintaining tact and a positive attitude.
Possess natural curiosity to drive the next levels of business questions and insights, not afraid to ask questions.
You have experience demonstrating resilience, resourcefulness and flexibility in the midst of ambiguity therefore impacting change.
- Work with Apple Pay Solutions leadership team to prepare and communicate monthly merchant analysis and insights via Keynote to broader organization. Support and help to develop quarterly business reviews with quantitative analysis and business insights.
- Use multiple data sources to display current business trends on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Engage with cross functional partnerships with Marketing, Strategy, Operations and Business Development to aggregate structured and unstructured data sources to provide reporting on key merchant programs, marketing investment and field testing programs.
- Work with Business Development teams to develop forecasts to support merchant programs including Apple Card, marketing programs, loyalty programs and emerging verticals. Present and track results post program implementation.
- Conduct external and internal research to identify new trends and competitive data in customer payment behavior and the shifting retail landscape to inform Business Development team.
- Work cross-functionally to develop tools and systems that can help develop the business (CRM, dashboards, etc.)
Education & Experience
Enrolled in a relevant Bachelor or Masters program graduating on or after December 2022.