Variant recently closed our second institutional, first-check crypto fund investing in the ownership economy. Variant is a startup, and we are looking for interns who are willing to roll up their sleeves to grow in the role and help grow the firm. You’ll gain a unique experience working closely with Li, Spencer, Jesse—the firm’s co-founders, GPs, and growing investment team—in order to help support our position as the marquee seed fund for supporting builders in crypto at the earliest possible stages.
What does an internship at Variant Fund entail?
As an intern, you’ll support GPs in a wide range of projects critical to our investments and operations: from managing contacts and communications, to preparing research that informs our investment decisions, to working on special projects for the firm. The candidate should have a rigorous work-ethic, a can-do attitude, and be willing to learn on the fly to accomplish any task put in front of them. To succeed in the role, the candidate needs to be highly organized, able to self-manage and prioritize tasks, context-switch effectively, and have extreme attention to detail.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the investment team’s processes, including contributing to diligence processes & sourcing new investments
- Driving process improvements and manage processes around various initiatives, such as deal tracking and building out our talent network
- Working on special projects as determined by GPs. Examples include:
- Supporting operations with Our Network, Side Hustle Stack, and other properties affiliated with Variant investment team members.
- Producing deep-dive research that contributes to thought leadership content.
- Helping to plan and execute programs & events like hackathons, courses, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS (NEED TO HAVES)
- Be a detail oriented self-starter with strong, demonstrated organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver quality work to deadlines, with limited oversight and supervision
- Highly proactive; demonstrated history of being an ‘owner’ or high-level of initiative in a prior activity
- Ability to communicate concisely, in writing as well as 1:1 and group settings
- Intellectually curious; thrives off of new ideas
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (NICE TO HAVES)
- A native understanding and passion for crypto
About Variant Fund
Variant is a first-check crypto fund investing in the ownership economy. We are remote-first and welcome candidates distributed in the U.S.