Dave is a banking app on a mission to build products that level the financial playing field. To date, we've helped more than 11 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work, and build credit—and we're just getting started. We believe in a world where everyone has access to financial opportunity and the ability to reach their personal financial goals. With a growing suite of tools and services, we provide a superior banking experience for anyone living paycheck to paycheck.
As a virtual-first company, there is no preference on where we get our work done. You are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
Rotational Product Managers (RPMs) are involved in every aspect of Dave’s product development process, from ideation to launch, and are working directly with designers and engineers to implement features. You'll use your start-up mindset and data-driven leadership skills to produce elegantly simple features that will be used by Dave’s seven million members.
Our intention with the RPM position is to develop future product leaders by empowering, mentoring, and enabling them to learn about the different products on Dave’s platform. The RPM position is a full-time employment opportunity, and will include 2-3 rotations across our product organization. The objective of the program is that at the end of these rotations, the RPM’s are placed in a full-time Product Manager role with one of our product squads.
Possible rotations could include our cash advance and credit products, bank products or crypto team - just to name a few potential areas where you could apply yourself. Mentorship is an important part of this program. You will be partnered with a Product leader who will stay with you throughout your time in this role. You’ll additionally have the opportunity to work with leaders at each of your rotations.
What You'll Do:
- Own the product development lifecycle in a cross-functional team with a prioritized roadmap, clear milestones, and short iteration cycles
- Write product requirements and build your backlog
- Communicate, coordinate and work closely with your colleagues in Product Marketing, Engineering, Product Design, and Analytics teams to deliver products from idea phase to be in our members’ hands
- Leverage data in everything you do - communication, prioritization, building, and launching new products
- Deeply understand the needs and behaviors of our users and generate actionable insights through qualitative and quantitative research to drive product strategy
- Propose, test, and implement different hypotheses to improve activation and engagement prompts
What You'll Need:
- RPMs are hired from a variety of backgrounds. We look for people with full-time experiences in various industries or they can be recent business school graduates, for example. RPM is suited for individuals completely new to the product manager (PM) function or individuals with 1-3 years of PM experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills: they can define metrics and analyze those metrics to make informed decisions
- Customer empathy: They are all about understanding the customers on a deeper level and delivering a delightful experience that anticipates customer needs
- Organizational and leadership skills: They help others play to their strengths, enjoy working with cross-functional teams, and communicate a thoughtful and clear vision to others
- Proactive: Since this role will touch multiple parts of Dave, the candidate should have the go-getting mentality, they don't wait around for work to come to them, they are proactive in identifying user problems across the app
Benefits & Perks
- Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
- Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
- Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability plans
- Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Unlimited PTO and generous company holidays
- Company laptop and home office stipend
- Personal financial advisor