About Darwin Homes
At Darwin Homes, we fundamentally believe that the rental experience is broken. Too often, property management — serving as the middleman between investors and residents — often means shoddy service, hidden fees, and inefficient processes that shortchange everybody involved.
Darwin was built to make residents and owners lives easier through an innovative ecosystem of technologies. We have created the best product in the market for residents to discover, tour and lease their future home; and for owners to have complete peace of mind from our modern management and leasing services built around our core values of transparency and professionalism.
Darwin Homes is the destination for single-family rental services for property owners and residents.
The Darwin Homes team is composed of a diverse set of alumni from DoorDash, Square, Facebook, Apple, LinkedIn and other top technology companies. The founders and executive team have over 30+ years of combined experience in scaling disruptive technology and operations-focused businesses. Darwin Homes is backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital.
As a Strategy and Analytics Associate (BizOps Associate), you are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, and operational. You will collect, sanitize, analyze, and synthesize data; apply critical thinking & communications skills to make actionable recommendations; and drive those recommendations through to execution. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, decomposing it, and building a compelling business case.
Who You Are
- Proficient in SQL and Excel; experience manipulating large data sets
- Loves Darwin's mission of modernizing the antiquated experience of investing and renting
- Thrives in a fast-paced, regularly changing environment. You turn chaos into order and are comfortable with ambiguity
- You aren’t easily overwhelmed and you prioritize tasks naturally. Has high dynamic range. You are able to see the big picture but are comfortable diving deep into the details. You’re not above rolling up your sleeves and doing the grunt work
- Shows confidence and humility. You’re able to make fast decisions with the wisdom to change course as soon as it’s needed
- Collaborates well with a diverse group of individuals. You naturally communicate context and you demonstrate strong reasoning behind decisions
- Excels in analytics and gets a kick out of digging deep into data to drive meaningful insights
What You'll Do
- Provide analytical support to various business functions and acts as “connective tissue”, linking together the operations, product, and data teams
- Work closely with leadership across the company in accounting, sales, field ops, product, and other teams on a variety of strategic initiatives to drive impactful business outcomes
- Create dashboards that provide visibility into the effectiveness of business processes, key company KPIs, and overall company performance
- Develop a deep understanding of key business drivers. Identify financial, operational, and product improvements for the business
- Sit at the intersection of operations, product, and data, helping to connect the product teams with the operations teams
What You'll Have
- At least 2 years of relevant business experience solving analytical problems
- Experience at a consulting firm, investment bank, or at a business operations/strategy team at a high growth technology company
- Prior real estate, property management experience (recommended)