, we're building the future of commerce. Our first product, which we launched in October, is a Shopify app that allows D2C brands to expand their product offering and acquire new customers more profitably.
We're quickly expanding into the broader e-commerce ecosystem. Soon, Canal will enable anyone with an audience (whether that's a brand or a creator/expert) to monetize their product recommendations.
by top VC firms and e-commerce leaders, including Forerunner Ventures and Andreessen Horowitz, and we're building a formidable team to tackle the massive opportunity ahead.
You'll work together side-by-side with Bennett
, Canal's CEO, and the entire GTM team on a daily basis, and you'll be asked to tackle a variety of problems across the business.
Your responsibilities will change on a weekly basis. There is a ton to do, but we can promise that you will learn a tremendous amount about the challenges, messiness, and fulfillment of starting and growing a company.
We are looking to bring on one MBA intern for the remainder of this school year (part-time), and one for the summer (full-time), with the former person having the option to work through the summer.
Your weekly work stream will reflect the dynamic needs of the business, which will include:
- Network Growth / Brand Acquisition: support our go-to-market efforts to recruit and onboard customers into our network. Help develop and execute growth strategies for brand acquisition.
- Network Curation: help brands discover products to sell and new distribution channels to get their own products on trusted online shelves.
- Social management: help us communicate with the ecommerce world and future employees on various social media platforms (esp Twitter and Linkedin). It's important we build a presence online, and you can have a hand in doing so.
- Blog setup & support: help us launch our own blog and work with Bennett to draft and edit our published content.
- Sales & Marketing Collateral: help build out clear customer-facing materials to communicate Canal's value and success stories for the ecommerce ecosystem.
- Canal Activation: help ensure brands have a seamless experience using Canal, and see value in our network as quickly as possible.
- Brand returns support: Canal will likely be tasked with helping brands deal with customer returns requests. We will need to help make sure the requests reach the appropriate people.
Why is this opportunity so cool? You'll be...
- Working in a dynamic environment and exposed to every part of the business.
- Working directly for the CEO (and often with the CPO and CTO) with visibility into all parts of the organization.
- Playing an instrumental role in building our network.
- Part of talented, motivated and mission-driven team. Who you work, and where you work with them matters. Our beautiful two-story office in SF FiDi is fostering a productive, supportive, and gratifying culture, and we’ll be establishing a NYC footprint in 2022.
Ideal candidate has...
- A high degree of curiosity and insatiable desire to learn.
- Comfort in unstructured environments.
- An opinion. We are looking for smart folks who bring their own opinions and are willing to communicate them.
- Relevant work experience, either in: business consulting, banking, business development, and operations
- A desire to build something of your own. This job is perfect for people who can envision themselves starting their own company down the road. You will gain first-hand experience of what it is like building a company from the ground up.
Canal is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.