Canal is building the future of commerce.
We created Canal to change the way that people discover and brands sell physical products online. We believe that consumers should be able to buy anything, at any point, anywhere on the internet. Behind the scenes, this is a network of deep integrations across e-commerce platforms combined with a web app that connects consumer brands to people and places to sell their products.
What We Believe
Our core beliefs guide everything we build:
1) The future of shopping is online and powered by trust.
2) The best brands and products deserve more distribution.
3) The need to hold inventory has unnecessarily limited the growth of e-commerce.
4) It shouldn't be so hard for shoppers to find quality products at the right time.
5) If a platform or individual can inspire product sales by making trusted recommendations, they deserve to monetize this influence.
We have built a team of the top minds in tech, who get excited about building production-grade software and scaling it to millions of users. We're backed by Forerunner
, and a formidable panel of angels.
We are looking to bring on one MBA intern for the remainder of this school year (part-time), and one for the summer (full-time), with the former person having the option to work through the summer.
You will be responsible for...
- Participate in product prioritization through road-mapping, architecture discussions, and sprint planning
- Produce high-quality, production-ready, readable product directives
- Present and get buy-in from the co-founding team
- Work closely with brands to gain insights through moderated and un-moderated user-research
- Utilize data and user insights to define key product experiences
- Lead large projects from initial inception to production with a test & learn mindset
- Work cross-functionally with engineers, designers, other product managers, executives, and business operators
- Be a culture carrier on a small, highly capable, fun team
You will be successful if...
- You are a self starter and have a comfort level with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- You are a a team player and work well in complex, cross-functional products
- You obsess over customer insights
- You have experience analyzing data
- You are currently pursuing a masters degree in business administration
- Nice to have: you have previous product management experience, or experience in a product adjacent role such as engineering, product marketing, design, or product strategy/growth
- You have pervious experience working at a startup and/or has a background in consulting, ecommerce, consumer tech, or brand management
- You are passionate about Canal's mission!
- We will make exceptions for the right candidates who exhibit a strong combination of intelligence, hustle, curiosity, and passion for ecommerce
- 💰 Competitive compensation
- 🏝 Unlimited PTO
- 🚌 Commuter benefits
- 🏰 Beautiful two-story office in the heart of San Francisco
- 🍕 Dinner provided after 6:30 PM
- ✈️ Relocation stipend (if you want to join us in the bay!)
- 💚 An agile, motivated, highly talented team based in San Francisco
- ➕ And more!
Canal is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.