Curated is seeking full-time MBA students for a paid internship during Summer 2022. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this internship will be virtual and we welcome applications from students across the United States. We expect interns to dedicate at least 12-16 weeks to the internship; preference will be given to students who are able to dedicate ~10 hours a week of part-time work during the spring.About The Role
You will be an important member of Curated's Business team, focused on strategic initiatives related to product categories, business operations and corporate finance. This year, our teams are looking for support with several different projects - see examples below!
- Category Management: Work with Category Management team on launching a new category - Drive various elements of industry research, BD, marketing, forecasting etc., in respect of new prospective categories
- Product Team: Managing MVP/pilot programs to inform product strategy on future big bets (ex. video chat, partner insights, expert services)
- Business Operations: Lead strategic development work on new initiatives like white-labeling Curated's platform, private label brand development and international expansion
If you love solving complex and unstructured problems, enjoy working with data, and are interested in e-commerce, marketplaces, consumer products or the passion economy, come work with us!
Note: We are conceiving of this as a virtual internship, but are open to organizing some in-person activities or gatherings as pandemic circumstances permit.
- Currently pursuing a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with at least one quarter/semester to complete after internship
- You are able to complete a 12-16 week, full-time virtual internship
- You are passionate about what we do!
- You have 3 years professional experience
- You have experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, venture capital, retail/brand management or strategy/operations at a startup
- You have outstanding problem solving and critical thinking skills, with experience using data to establish clear plans and strategies to execute on them
- You are a great teammate and are able to work cross-functionally with partners in all areas
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You have experience in SQL / analyzing large amounts of data
Curated was founded in 2017 with a mission to humanize online shopping. We've built a collaborative shopping experience brought to life with a community of passionate experts. Every shopper on Curated gets one-on-one personalized advice to find the right products for their needs so they can enjoy more of what they love.
Through our expert community, Curated has created a new type of knowledge based work that enables people to earn meaningful income related to the activities and products they are passionate about, from anywhere.
Backed by Forerunner Ventures, Greylock, and Capital G, the company is growing fast. We currently specialize in outdoor sporting goods including skiing, snowboarding, golf, camping, cycling, fishing equipment with many new verticals coming soon!
We want to help you maximize your potential, both in your career and your extracurriculars. Working at Curated means you'll get comprehensive healthcare, generous paid time off, significant discounts on the best gear out there, and even a 401(k). We believe that you'll do your best work when you feel included, valued, and equal. See all our perks and benefits here.Location
Our headquarters is located in San Francisco, CA. We offer you the flexibility to work remote or partially in-office.
Curated is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply, as we strive to build a marketplace that serves every demographic with the highest level of quality and respect.